Monday, February 28, 2011

News

I am sorry for the long hiatus. I have been very busy and preoccupied with school and the job search. This week is going to be crazy as well, as I have to finish a paper for a conference on Saturday.

On Monday I went up to the dale and interviewed for the serials position at the college library. The current serials librarian will be retiring in June, and I applied for the position. The interview went very well, though the weather was crazy. There was a really bad ice storm that took out branches and power lines and phone lines, and the library was without power for the first half of the interview. It was kind of an adventure, and I was pretty relaxed. I was unable to meet with the provost, as he was unable to make it to campus due to the ice, but I received a call from him later in the week and he offered me the position. So, I will be back in the dale starting in June! I am very excited to be going back. The Lord is so good! I am still very busy, but that is one less stressor. (I was going to say, one less thing to worry about, but Sunday school was about worry, so I'm trying not to worry.)

I need to go, as I have a lot to do in a very short span of time. But, I will update more often. I just had to wait until my news was official. :-)

2 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Very cool!

George and Krista said...

Ooh! That is good news...excited for you. Krista