Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock

I have season 2! Happiness is sitting on the couch, watching Big Bang Theory Season 2 with a stomach full of amazing chili and Christmas cookies. Big Bang Theory is my favorite sitcom, and I now have seasons 1 and 2, and I am happy.

I had a very good Christmas, though we were not able to make it up to visit my grandparents, aunt and cousins. It was kind of weird being home for Christmas, as we always go up North, and I missed everyone. It was a good and relaxing holiday, however. We opened gifts in the morning (they let me sleep in :-) and Dad and I made chili in the afternoon. This chili is our special chili. No beans, about 13 lbs of meat, lots of spices, mole...so good. Mole as in the Mexican chocolate-like sauce, not the animal or unit of measurement. I now have a large skillet, a vegetable steamer, and a Best of Illinois cookbook. I already picked out some yummy sounding recipes. I'm excited to try chicken pecan quiche. And horseshoe sandwiches. Dad also gave me a book from 1877 of old ballads and songs, mainly from England. There is a good ballad/song on smoking and another as a warning to drunkards. :-) It also has the Robin Hood songs. I love old books.

I am starting to fade. A bad sleep schedule and stressful driving are combining, and I should turn in soon. Especially as I have to work in the morning.

Happy New Year!

No comments: