Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pine Scent and Lasagna

Our apartment smells like pine tree and lasagna. Separately, they are good scents, but together, it's an interesting combination. I bought a tree today. It's a very nice tree. I like it. It is, however, a bit big. My tree last year was the perfect size, but this year, it takes up a quarter of the living room. My roomie and I periodically just start laughing at it. My roomie is being very cool with it. She said it's like living in a forest. :-) It's definitely a conversation piece. I'm going to start trimming it this weekend.

There are so many things that I would like to do or to be "into," passionate about. But, one can only be "into" or passionate about a few things. My "things" are my faith, people (relationships, i.e. friends, family, patrons, etc.), books, libraries, and objects in libraries. This is actually a longer list than I thought, but I think it is difficult to be passionate about more than 5, maybe 6 things. Thus, I would like to be a better cook, crochet, work on my Spanish, learn tech skills, etc. But, I don't have the space or ability to be into these things. I can add them to my schedule, but they're not my thing, and that's ok. Time and desire. Time and desire.

2 comments:

Ancient Aunt said...

Hope the tree trimming is going well! I got the old Christmas wreath hung outside the front door and an angel, some silk poinsettias, and a couple of glass balls arranged (?) in the big pot to sit at the end of the ramp... and put them out today, in our new 7-8 inches of snow. Hope to get more done eventually. Love, Your Ancient Aunt

Tessa said...

I want to live in a pine forest too!

Hmm, now I want to make a list of the things I'm passionate about...