Saturday, December 18, 2010

Joy to the World

Spending 5 hours in Sears was not what I had in mind for this evening, but my car is fixed. I had a flat tire, which was due to a broken spring. So, I had a new tire put on, new springs/struts, and an alignment. It took much longer than expected, and I felt bad for the mechanic, who ended up working over 3 hours of overtime. Sears is in the mall, and I did find a really cute dress on sale at The Limited.

I had a Christmas party last night, which was fun. I had a few friends over, and we talked and played telephone pictionary. I like small, low key gatherings with good friends.

I also got my old job as a team leader, formerly known as crew chief, back at the public library, so I am working 2 jobs until the end of December when the reference intern position ends. I am going to miss that job, but I am glad that I can continue working at the public library, and I did miss aspects of my circulation job. I also made a display board/cart for the library, and it has done well and garnered some complements. One half is dedicated to "Winter Festivities," and the other half is "The Weather is Frightful: Books About Extreme Weather." The winter festivities side is cuter, but I like the other theme better. :-)

I have to work on Sunday morning, which means that I will be going to early service, and I have to miss Sunday school. I'm bummed about missing Sunday school, as we will be discussing the role of men.

No comments: