Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new

I am currently sitting in my comfortable, new-to-me, green granny recliner with my kitty snug between myself and the arm of the chair, and it is wonderful. I am feeling somewhat exhausted. I really need to get onto a decent, normal people schedule, but I don't really want to. I like my way of doing things, even if it isn't the best way. But, I know that's a problem. I will probably eventually give in and have a normal schedule.

January has been going well so far. I had a lovely time with friends over New Years. One of my friends positively spoiled us by making a completely homemade feast of turkey, noodles, apple pie, etc. I made wassail, which was a hit. It's my favorite holiday tradition.

I also went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I'd never been to a 3D movie before. We thought it was going to be on the IMAX screen, but it wasn't. :-( It was, however, fully entertaining. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, and though it wasn't made originally for 3D, they did a good job with it. The landscapes especially stood out. There was a scene with black tree branches and the end scene with roses that absolutely popped. Even if it hadn't been in 3D, it was still nice to see it on the big screen. I had gone when it first came out, but I didn't appreciate it as much then as I do now.

Also, I just found out that they changed the date of the Tough Mudder I signed up for. They moved it from March to June, which is a really good thing, both for safety and for my personal training. Cold water obstacles in Indiana in March is generally ill advised, so I'm glad for the warmer weather. I was worried about getting wet in cold temperatures. Also, I really don't think I would have been ready for the race in March, as I haven't been up to training yet. I need to focus on getting my energy up and eating better before I can really exert myself. But, now the Tough Mudder will be after the mini marathon in May, so that will be interesting. I think I'll just train harder for the mini, so I'll be in better shape to recover and run the Tough Mudder.

I have had a small epiphany. My friend pointed this out, and she is right. I basically always need to be busy. I need things to do, or I go a bit crazy. As I say, better to be busy than bored. :-)

TTFN

1 comment:

Ancient Aunt said...

What a nice "post!" I'm so glad you have Wren. Our last little cat, Dusty, did NOT like to be picked up, but often would come and jump up in my lap and sit for a spell. - Good luck with finding a "normal" schedule. I'm not sure all of us are cut out for that! Mine is crazy enough, but do-able. Just keep seeking until you find what it right for you. - I'm glad your Mudder has been rescheduled. Summer will be much better in so many ways. We are having a real taste of winter today... it finally made it up to 2 above for an hour this afternoon. At 8 a.m. or so, it was 10 below! Now they are talking about 20s or 30s by the first of the week. Keeps one worn out just trying to keep up with the changes! - Take care, and keep on enjoying life! Love,Your Ancient Aunt