Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

It is so nice to have a real job with vacation and holiday time. I am so glad to be able to spend time with friends and family. One of perks of working in an academic library vs a public library.

This holiday has been fairly low key, but full of laughter. And, I suspect there is more laughter and stories to come with New Years.

 My main plan is to sleep, eat, and catch up with people. Preparing for the holidays is always crazy, and this year has been no exception. Probably moreso. I did get out most of my Christmas cards, but really failed when it came to Christmas cookies. I need a better plan for those. I hope to pick up some Christmas cards, wrapping paper, and maybe decorations for next year, as they should be on sale now. I need to supplement my card supply. Also, I could not find any Christmas paper for my newsletter this year, so I had to settle for clouds. It seems that the Christmas newsletter has been deemed obsolete and/or pompous. At least, that's what the guy on the radio said. I do like the holidays, but I also appreciate the slowness of January, when things get back to normal.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Ancient Aunt said...

Well, dear niece, you are far ahead of me! Our Christmas letter is still to be written, but I will claim the 12 days of Christmas again and hope to get it out by Epiphany! Glad you are having a good holiday season. Our Christmas Day, too, was low-key, with Christmas fellowship at church and elder son sharing pizza, ice cream, and presents in the afternoon. Your "Aunty M" is due in tomorrow or the next day, so Christmas will continue, along with Uncle Bob's birthday. Take care, and enjoy your holiday time! Love, your Ancient Aunt