Saturday, February 9, 2008

Work

I am getting more acclimated to teaching and learning as I go. I've been told that my content is very good. My delivery, however, could use some work. Yesterday went very well. I am nervous about this next week, though, because I will have all 5 classes and it will be my first full week, unless we get more snow days, of course. They said it would happen, but I am so tired after work. It is the adreneline. I'm pumped on the way home, but then I crash later. I really need to break my procrastination habits. Staying up late=very bad. I need my sleep, so I need to start working on things earlier in the day. I also have movies I need to see, which is hard because they are very different from movies I want to see.

I went swimming today, and the pool has a dry sauna. It was amazing. All warm and toasty.

I went to the marionette show with my friends yesterday. It is amazing. I saw it 2 years ago, and it was the same show, but definitely worth seeing again. The scenes are so poignant. Some are funny, some are sad. The puppets are so expressive and really do seem alive. During the first half of the show, there was a really annoying kid. The whole audience could hear him or her. They had a loud, forced laugh. They even laughed at a really sad puppet. I think the whole theater was not impressed. At intermission, a child pulled the fire alarm. That was an experience as well. We all had to evacuate and the fire department and police came. Most of us kept sitting because we didn't know if it was real. We probably should have set a better example for the children in the audience. For the 2nd half, the loud kid was gone. Popular belief is that they pulled the alarm, but we don't know.

Sleep is starting to become very important. It may start overshadowing social life. But I hope not. :-)

1 comment:

Angy said...

I actually was a bit disappointed with the marionettes. I suppose I was hoping that there would be something new to see, but it seems that he's not developing anything new. That, and the loud kid/fire alarm stuff might have detracted a bit from it as well.