Sunday, May 31, 2009

All Mimsy Were the Borogoves and the Momeraths Outgrabe

For my college peeps: The lawn gnome rides a Harley.

I still haven't heard about the reader's theater auditions. I think they've been trying to recruit more people, as I don't think many people auditioned. I hope to hear something soon though.

I went to a drive-in theater for the first time last night. Jessie and I saw Night at the Museum 2 (the second viewing for both of us), and it was so much fun. Drive-ins are a very different movie experience. It's almost like a tail gate party. People come early, bring lawn chairs, so sit in the back of pick up trucks with a portable radio. (You tune in to a certain station to hear the movie.) It's also more private and you can talk and laugh without bothering people as much. Which was good for me. :-) It was a double feature, Wolverine was next, but we left after the first show as it was late. The movie can't start until sundown, so it didn't begin until around 9:30 PM. It would have been around 2 AM if we had stayed for both shows, and we both had a 1/2 hour drive back home. We had also seen Wolverine before, so we opted for sleep. :-)

My internet isn't working at home, so I'm using my work computer.

I had an annual meeting with the committee that oversees my project, and it went very well. I am excited for what's ahead, even though I won't be around to see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so cool you got to go to a Drive In!! I really want to do that sometime!