Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hi There. My Master Made Me This Collar So That I May Talk. Squirrel!

I have had a very busy and wonderful past couple of days. This was the first time that I was away from my family on my birthday, and I missed them. But, I was able to celebrate with friends, and phone calls and speaker phone are great things. On Thursday, my actual birthday, we had the all college picnic, and I had more fun than I thought I would. After the potluck, different departments competed in games, and it was so fun and funny. The president also went around squirting people with squirt guns and water hoses. Good times. I managed to avoid most of the water. I got a sunburn and sore muscles as mementos from that day. :-) Then, my friend came over and we went to Jackson for dinner and then to see the Fantasticks at the community theater where I did the Plays in May. It was a good show, and we made it just in time, as the restaurant was a half hour to 45 minutes away from the theater. It was fun to see some of my cast mates again. The theater is like its own community, and I am now a part of that. I was also able to speak with the director of the reader's theater, and it is still going to happen, and I most likely have a part in the Glass Menagerie. I can't wait!

Then, on Friday I went to the drive-in theater and watched Up with another one of my friends. The experience was heightened by the fact that it was raining and lightning out, and when it stormed on screen, the wind sound effects made us a bit nervous. :-) I was somewhat nervous anyway, as I am not a fan of storms. It is a really good movie. I highly recommend it, but it's different from what you may expect. Pixar is very good with character development. (The title quote is from Dug, the talking dog.) I then spent the night with my friend and we visited the Michigan museum the next day. Unfortunately, half of it was closed for remodeling, but I enjoyed it anyway. I should post some pics of us with our faces in the cutouts. We are serious suffragettes. :-) I also bought Anna Karenina and a book on sea myths, ghost ships, etc. I found them for a really good price at Barnes and Noble. And they're hardback! I couldn't resist. :-) I'm a book addict. Which is one of the reasons I'm going to library school.

On Tuesday, I am going to a Tigers/Cubs game in Detroit, and I am excited! Go Cubs!

I plan on relaxing today. The sermon was very good today. It was about how without God, life has no meaning and it is all relative. I needed to get my focus back on track, and it was a good service for it.

Toodle-00

2 comments:

Kara said...

I forgot your birthday! I feel so awful. I did try to call you on Wednesday. I must have subconciously known that I was supposed to call you for some friend duty.

I wish I was going with you to the game. Only a month until I get to see them here in DC.

The Sisson Clan said...

Happy Birthday Brenna!

We too love libraries. We visited a new one this last week when we went to see the Old Time Radio Players troupe. We only had a half an hour before the program but we managed to find a whole stack of books and a DVD that we have been wanting to see. Have you watched Cranford? Now I need to read the books. "wink" We'll be heading back to that library soon. It was wonderful.