Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glorious Sleep

I slept for about 13 hours last night, and it was wonderful. I had been rather low on sleep, coupled with basically an all nighter the night before, and so I went to bed around 6 and got up at 8 the next morning. I didn't think I would actually sleep the whole night, but I obviously needed it.

I was supposed to work this afternoon, but I had an eye appointment, so I was able to take off. I am going to try contacts again. We'll see. I can't read from the computer as well as with glasses. It's a little blurry, and causing some eyestrain. We'll see how regular reading goes.

I should do some homework tonight, but I really just want to veg and relax. This week is crazy with homework and my 2nd job started, so extra work hours. However, this is the last week of class. It's over on Tuesday, which is exciting. Then, next week is rafting and after that, RBMS. I'm really looking forward to rafting. It will be so nice to get away and be out in the beauty. A group of us from church went out to a local park/campsite and hung out around the campfire. I had homework to do, but it was worth it. When you get out and camp, everything else doesn't matter, doesn't exist. For 5 hours, there was no EAD or work. And it was nice.

Things are very busy, but they will be ok. It will start getting harder, though, as I've been scheduled for Sundays now. Sundays mean a lot to me, and with my schedule the way it is, it would be the one day where I didn't have to work. But, both my jobs have been scheduling me to work that day. The reference job isn't that bad, as I can still make it to Sunday school and church, but the page job means that I have to adjust my Sunday morning schedule, going to early service and sometimes missing Sunday school, which has become really important to me. I would appreciate prayers, as I know from experience it is really hard to keep a good attitude when I have to work on Sundays.

No comments: