Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grit

The craziness is starting early. I knew this would be a busy semester, but I'm really going to need to work hard and have it together, and I don't feel like I do. I really need motivation. I have this problem every semester, and I feel like I say the same thing every semester. At least its my last semester. :-)

At church, people have been emphasizing the idea of choosing one word to define one's year. My word is change. I know there will be a lot of changes this year, and I hope that I am up for them. I also want to change in other ways (for the better of course): spiritually, mentally, and physically. I'm off to a good start with the physically. I'm starting to run more in preparation for the half marathon.

On Sunday I had lunch with my adopted parents, and then we watched Rooster Cogburn. Later that night, I went to the movies and saw True Grit. It was cool to see both movies in the same day. The new True Grit is really good. I love the language they used, more old fashioned, and the characters did not use any contractions, which lent a different feel to the dialog. Also, the musical theme was Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. I love hymns. The casting was really good, especially for Maddie, the young girl. It was a bit violent/graphic, but otherwise very good.

Night.

1 comment:

Ancient Aunt said...

Glad to hear your comments on the new version of "True Grit." We're looking forward to the time we can get it through Netflix. Saw the original years ago and it was good... also typically John Wayne.

Hang in there with the new semester. I'm trying to finish up the old one... Christmas/New Year greetings, church reports and tax stuff, Quicken for 2010... Glad to hear the running is going well!

Take care, and know you have our love and support. - Your Ancient Aunt