Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hunger

I just finished reading The Hunger Games. Wow. I don't necessarily like reading best sellers. I like some popular authors, and reading tried and true books, but I can be contrary and I don't always like to jump on the band wagon. I am still holding out against Harry Potter and Twilight. I was, however, totally caught up in The Hunger Games. I can't wait to read the other books. Thankfully, the holds aren't too long at the library. The book is well written, and it alludes to the Roman games, with some Roman names, like Cinna, Portia, and Flavius. So, there is the classical flavor, as well as a feeling of revolution and resistance, that I loved. Also, I hate love triangles, but the romance part keeps me guessing. I can't really figure it out yet. It's fast paced and intriguing.

I made real food tonight. Poppy seedless chicken. I'd been craving it.

My schedule is out of whack. I have a lot of things I need to do, but I am almost paralyzed in doing them. Motivation is so hard. I just want to be done and on my way. Done with school. Ready to start a new job. I feel like the world is my oyster, but I'm also scared. It's hard to apply to places without any frame of reference for the library in specific and the place in general. There's a battle between the familiar and the adventure.

1 comment:

MissF said...

I've been wondering about that book and kind of interested in reading it. It's good to hear a good review!