Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Room With a View (of the post office)

I have a place to live! I talked to my new landlady today, and I got the apartment I wanted. It's a small one bedroom apartment in a big old house downtown. It's on the 2nd floor, with a big bay window in the living room, and cool tiling on the wall in the kitchen. There is almost no counter space, no dishwasher, no washer and dryer (laundromat here I come), and no air conditioning, but I love it! The landlady seems really nice and careful about who she rents to, which is encouraging. It's also within walking distance of work and near the bike/running path. Walking distance is really good, as gas is getting really expensive, and it will help me stay active, despite having a desk job. I'm a bit worried about the no air conditioning, but the current tenant says that there's a good cross breeze, which is good, and I can get fans too. One less thing to worry about! God is good!

No comments: