Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Of Coppers and Tractors

I am watching Law and Order UK. I like Law and Order, at least the earlier episodes. I watched a lot of it with my family in high school. It's more procedural, as it focuses on the process of prosecution, so it's not as intense as some of the other shows out there. The UK version is very similar to the US version, but it is culturally different. It's hard for me to accept their use of CCTV, which, from what I gather, is a network of cameras everywhere. Makes it good for catching criminals and tracking people, but it's so Big Brother. I'm not ok with it. It's also weird to get used to the opening lines which substitute "district attorneys" with "crown prosecutors." And I'm not quite sure why they wear those ugly wigs, though I kind of like the robes. Gives it a different feel.

I am auditioning for 12 Angry Jurors tomorrow. My monologue is basically there. I need to practice a bit tonight. I just hope I don't stumble over any lines, as I think I have the emotion down. I hope I get a part, but if I don't, then I will find something else to fill my time.

It is very warm around here. I'm grateful for my air conditioner, but it's basically only good for the bedroom. And, sitting with a warm laptop isn't helping things.

I am adjusting to my job, but I still have a lot to learn. I ask lots of questions. I answered my first reference question over chat today. I'd never used chat reference before, and it was kind of nerve wracking, but I was able to find the answer.

I went to the Henry Ford Museum with a friend. It was a lot of fun. My favorite part was the farm implements. :-) There is this ridiculously awesome tractor that is basically a train engine tractor. Steam powered and HUGE! Was definitely my favorite piece. There was some cool furniture too, which I enjoyed looking at. I haven't been to a museum in a long time, and it was fun.

I should get to bed a bit early, as I was exhausted today.

TTFN

No comments: