Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hello

Salutations. I am here in a coffeeshop using the Internet, as I do not have it at the place I am staying. Because of spring break and my need to stay in the area due to student teaching, I am temporarily relocated. More people than I thought are staying around for spring break, but none of them are my close friends. And, since I work and have tons to do during the week, I will probably not have time to do fun things. I do have Good Friday off, however, so I plan on going to Maundy Thursday service at church. I probably will not go to the community Good Friday service, though I may change my mind. This is such a time of remembrance, and it is so easy to be caught up in myself. Especially when one is alone.

I still have not heard from U of I. I am trying not to be anxious, but when I know at least one other person who has heard from the same program I applied to and was accepted a week ago, it is difficult not to be anxious. They said that my letter is in the mail. I hope it comes on Monday. I hope it comes to my house, though, because I do not have access to my school mail, as the union is closed.

My spring break is the first week in April. I will be gone when everyone is back. It is getting difficult trying to live in two different worlds. Sleep is winning over social life. Academics cannot falter because my students are depending upon me, so that leaves sleep and social life to duke it out, and when you sleep through the normal dinner hour, sleep beats social life. Naps are wonderful.

Teaching is such a weird experience. It is such an odd mix of happy and frustrating and stressful and exciting.

"I'm being followed by a moon shadow, moon shadow, moon shadow. A leapin' and hoppin' on a moon shadow."

"Man of sorrows what a name, for the Son of God who came. Ruined sinners to reclaim, hallelujah, what a savior."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenna - hang in there! I'm excited that the letter is in the mail...that seems like good news. Have a super-d-duper week teaching, and rest a lot on Friday. I bet you'll have a great time hearing Pastor Keith. I'm sad I missed his sermon today.

Kara said...

I will probably call you sometime this week to give you my assessment of the Henry IV part I audioplay (at least the part I was able to listen to). Hotspur sounded younger than I had imagined him, and Kate was not as firey. They still did a pretty good job with their relationship, esp. the scene where they are listening to the welsh woman sing.