Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is a week

I have had a rough week. Things have either been really good or really bad. Not a whole lot of middle ground, especially since Wednesday. Stress and lack of sleep is not a good combination. My parents are here, which is really good. I definitely needed to see them again. Also, we've gone to some good restaurants. The restaurant last night was a local place and we ended up sitting to a very nice family and a hilarious grandpa who tried to set me up with all his grandsons. :-) It was a great stress relief. School is full of good and bad. I also had a new experience coming home from parent teacher conferences on Wednesday. I hit a deer. I am now a member of the deer-hitters club. I am OK and the damage is very, very minimal. The Lord definitely protected me.

I don't know why, but my creativity in posting leaves me when I get on here. Other sites seem more conducive to creativity. Blogspot seems more prosy boring.

I am enjoying teaching Thoreau and Emerson. Ideas have consequences and even though I generally disagree with the two authors, it has been so much fun talking about their ideas and the implications of those ideas. I want my students to think and evaluate. The students generally don't like the two authors, but it is good to get their reactions. The best responses are those who can sift through and find the good amongst the bad. People are rarely completely wrong, and you need to be able to separate the good from the bad. Separate what you do believe from what you don't believe.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sorry you had a rough week, but praise God that the damage was minimal. I know hitting a deer can happen to anyone, even the best of drivers, and am just so thankful you're ok!
I leave for Chile on Saturday! My blog is rms-in-chile (blogspot) if you wish to follow along. Thinking of you!