Sunday, October 19, 2008

There is a lot to say in a short post. First of all, Kira and I are OK. Yesterday I went to Ann Arbor for a U of M School of Information (specifically library science) open house. It was very good and I learned a lot about the school and met some nice people. Who knows, I might get talked into archives. But probably not as my main focus. Anyway, Kira graciously offered to drive me there and pick me up. We were within walking distance, but when I got out, I decided that driving would be quicker and I asked her to pick me up. As we were turning, we got into an accident. Both of us are fine, and it was not Kira's fault. The other car ran a red light and we had the green. They T-boned her car and her door is smashed. We were wearing our seat belts, for which I'm grateful. The other driver was not as well off, as she had to go to the hospital. Because we were in the city, there were witnesses and the police and ambulance came quickly. It upset our weekend plans, but I am just very glad that we are ok, and I hope the other driver and passenger are not injured.

In other news, there is a church potluck and it is parents' weekend, so it will be busy. I should have made a double batch of cream cheese roll ups, but I only had one thing of cream cheese and didn't think to get another this morning when I had to run to Wal-Mart for tortillas. My roll ups look kind of puny. Oh well. I also made meatballs. Well, prepared them. I just put them in the crock pot. Hopefully they turn out. I don't have a ton of confidence in my cooking.

I need to get ready for church.

Blessings.

4 comments:

Angy said...

Hey - I'm glad you guys are ok.
Hope the carry-in was yummy.

Anonymous said...

goodness so many car stories lately!! I'm glad it turned out ok and that you're not too shaken up.

MissF said...

I'm so glad you guys are okay!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you and Kira are OK!