Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homecoming Weekend






I'm wiped out from this weekend. Two friends came down for homecoming, and I had a really good time. It was nice to have people to cook for and entertain. On Friday we went to the bonfire and fireworks and walked down the luminaried sidewalk. It is so pretty. Fireworks were ok, but they didn't last long in the sky. We think it's because it was so chilly. On Saturday we actually went to the car show, which we had never done before. There was a bright orange Model A, and I wanted my picture with it. It was so me, even though the color was a bit garish. :-) But, my batteries were dead, so we had to run to Kroger. I'm glad it happened though, because when we came back to take my picture, I got to talk to the owner of the car. Yay! We then ate lunch and there was ice cream again this year. Another yay! They had a parade again this year and Mac had a "float." It was all pizza boxes. It was great. The Delta Tau Delta's had a purple tank that was really good too. Those were the only good floats, though the Pi Phi's had bubbles. We then went to the game. I think we won. We left a bit early to get to Oakley's before the rush. One of my friends played in the pep band, which was cool. It was really sunny and being in the sun for a long time really saps the energy. Then, we watched movies last night. Overall, I had a good weekend, though it was bitter sweet, as I missed my other friends. It's not the same. I didn't have anyone to yell bloodthirsty chants with.

Here are some pics from the weekend.

4 comments:

Angy said...

Well...blood does make the grass grow...

Invisible Man said...

Now that I see you with the car, I can totally imagine you driving that.

At least it is bright orange so I would know to get out of the way! :o

Anonymous said...

awww I'm so glad you had fun!!

MissF said...

Aww, I miss you guys! Were there no drummers in the pipe band!?!