Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home

I'm home for the weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a big party and open house, and it went well. My aunt and grandma threw a very good party, and now I get to reap the benefits of taking leftovers back with me. :-)

Emily did this activity, and I decided to do it as well. I often get comments about my weird collection of music, and I am curious to see if anyone recognizes any of the songs. :-) I have excluded the classical and foreign language music. :-) I am putting my ipod on shuffle, and I will write at least the first line of a song and you please identify the title and artist. If it is a common song, the artist may vary. So, here goes.

1. Lord I wish I could praise you with adequate words, but you leave me speechless.

2. Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last. 59th Bridge Street Song (Feelin' Groovy) Simon and Garfunkle

3. Don't run from the bad and the beautiful, or all the hurting they provide.

4. I hear people saying we don't need this war, but I say there's some things worth fighting for. Have You Forgotten, Daryl Worley

5. Our packet is the Island Lass.

6. I hear the drizzle on the road, like the memory it falls. For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her, Simon and Garfunkle

7. Some of them come down, some of them running, some of them looking for a way out of confusion.

8. As I went down to the river to pray, studying about that good old way. Down to the River to Pray, Alison Krause

9. What a dream I had, dressed in organdy. For Emily, Wherever I may Find Her, Simon and Garfunkle

10. Sitting here la, la waiting for my ya ya.

11. Roland was a warrior from the land of midnight sun. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner, Warren Zevon

12. All the colors of the rainbow, all the voices of the wind. Testify, Avalon

13. Oh what a parish, a terrible parish, oh what a parish is that of Dunkeld.

14. This is me, for forever, one of the lost ones.

15. Bleeding in the darkness, the cell was cold and black, driven to unconsciousness by the stripes upon his back. I Will Praise the Lord, (not sure of artist, mime song)

16. Fire and lightning from heaven fall.

17. A mile from Glencagen (sp?) on the road to the sea, stands a yew tree a thousand years old.

18. You girls and you brothers, you won't reach where we're going. No intimidation than to show that you care.

19. There's a place up ahead and I'm goin', just as fast as my feet can fly.

20. It's crowded in worship today. As she slips in, trying to fade into the faces. If We Are the Body, Casting Crowns

21. In the summer time, when all trees and leaves are green, and the redbird sings, I'll be blue, cause you don't want my love.

22. Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk to you again. Sound of Silence, Simon and Garfunkle

23. Everybody's got a waterbuffalo, your's is fast but mine is slow. The Water Buffalo Song, Veggie Tales

24. And so what we have learned applies to our lives today. What We Have Learned, Veggie Tales

25. Life was filled with guns and war, all of us got trampled on the floor.

26. If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile. Veggie Tales Theme

27. Have you ever seen a boy with funny clothes, a girl with braces on her teeth or freckles on her nose? I Can Be Your Friend, Veggie Tales

28. I do love, shortenin' bread.

29. I'm walkin', I'm talkin' about you and me, I'm hopin' that you'll come back to me.

30. In the early morning rain, with a dollar in my hand.

I didn't want to stop at 25, so I did an even 30. Some artists' albums come up a lot. And I skipped a lot of classical, instrumental, and non-English language. Also, I don't necessarily listen to all of these songs often, but they're in my library. Give what info you can. Have fun!

So, yes, the songs didn't shuffle real well. Notice the plethora of Veggie Tales songs. :-) There are actually a good amount of recognizable songs. Not as many obscure ones as I thought there would be. Keep guessing. :-) I'm filling in the info as they are guessed, so you know which one are left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

22. Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel :)

Thalasas Nymphe said...

8. As I Went Down to the River to Pray. I think it's self-titled like that, and it's pretty ubiquitous.

23, 24, 26, 27. Veggie Tales :)

Angy said...

2) The 59th Bridge Street Song (Feeling Groovy), Simon and Garfunkel (although they covered it...I'm guessing you have the S&G version)
8) Down to the River to Pray, probably the Alizon Krauss version
9)For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her, S&G
11) Roland the (Headless) Thompson-Gunner, I don't know the artist or the real title, but I know the song!
12) Testify, Avalon
15) I Will Praise the Lord (the mime song...I don't know the artist)
20) If We Are the Body, Casting Crowns
22) Sound of Silence, S&G
23) The Waterbuffalo Song, Larry the Cucumber
24) And So What We Have Learned, Veggietales
26) Veggietales Theme Song, Veggietales
27) I Can Be Your Friend, Veggietales
1)4) and 10) were all familiar, but I couldn't place them. I actually did guess #4 correct, but since I had to google it to make sure, I couldn't count it in good conscience.

jessica said...

4. Have you forgotten? Darryl Worely
8. Down to the River to Pray
12. Colors of the Wind - Pocohantas
20. If we are the body - Casting Crowns
23. Silly Songs With Larry - The Water Buffalo Song
24. The end song for Veggie Tales
26. Veggie Tales - Theme Song
27. I can be your friend - Veggie Tales (are you sure you shuffled?)

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Not sure where my post just went..but as I was saying...I'm so bummed that I missed you this past weekend! Saturday was really busy for us. Can't believe your Mom is 50 already! My Mom's 50th is next year. That sounds old...but they don't seem old to me. I suppose "old" is relative, huh. :) Take care and hope to see you over thanksgiving!!

Meg

Kara said...

6 Simon and Garfunkle For Emily Wherever May Find Her