Sunday, November 2, 2008

Retro Sunday

Today was retro Sunday. No, we did not dress up in 60s and 70s style clothes. The computer and media center went down so we did everything "old style" with the hymnals. It was so good! We sang all hymns. I liked it so much! There is nothing wrong with going retro, back to the hymnals. We had organ too, and I didn't mind it. I'm not a big organ fan, but it was beautiful today. The sermon was very good, as always. It was about Jesus as Lord of our education. In Sunday school, we went over the story of Mary and Martha, and the leader made us raise our hands as to whether we think we are a Mary or a Martha (in regards to hospitality). I think I was the only female to raise her hand for Mary. Most of the men considered themselves "Marys," though there were some confessed "Marthas." :-) I don't know if it's because I haven't had much experience with being a hostess yet, but I'd rather talk and converse than worry about the meal. Though I do like to cook for friends and serve a meal. I just think the conversation is the best part, which is supplemented and heightened by the food.

I'm making chicken right now. Almond and parmesan crusted and fried in butter. It smells so good! I hope it turns out. It worked for fish, I figure it would work for chicken. My main worry is to get it cooked through.

Please pray for me on Wednesday. I guess there is a first time for everything and Wednesday is my first flight.

1 comment:

jessica said...

I know you'll do great on the plane. Take some Dramamine, and you shouldn't have a problem...which I should have done when I was 5 years old and started a mass puking epidemic on the airplane.