Thursday, November 20, 2008

MelCat, How I Love Thee

MelCat is amazing. For those who do not live in Michigan, this state has an amazing interlibrary loan system where libraries within the state lend to other libraries connected on MelCat, which stands for Michigan e-library Catalog, I think. Right now, I have a record of Revolutionary War songs, a book of Greek war songs and anthems, several CDs, and a book on mullets. I'm also waiting for other holdings, among which is a book on the Norwegian resistance in World War II. Having a strong Norwegian heritage, I am looking forward to reading it. Hopefully it is well written. I really enjoy having access to music, as my library doesn't have the best eclectic and world music, which is what I like. And, I have found Brave Combo on MelCat! Brave Combo does polkas like no other. They are part of what I call "fringe polka." They have a mix of polka, Latin, and possibly some Jewish. They have quite the blend, and their songs have crazy fun lyrics. For those who have wondered, my title is lyrics from one of their songs, "Mystery Spot Polka." Their Christmas CD is great too.

Time has really gotten away from me. I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving and November is soon to be over. Aaah! I am very excited to go home for Thanksgiving though. Turkey legs!

I am doing pilates, and I enjoy it. This week has been brutal. But that's not a bad thing.

They are doing the Messiah again. Yay! It's so beautiful. They did it my freshman year, and now I get to hear it again. I lucked out on the 4 year rotation. :-)

2 comments:

Emily J said...

Oh my gosh you better appreciate Messiah.

PAINFUL to perform. I had to take a semester off choir after participating in that.

Anonymous said...

haha Emily! enjoy the Messiah! and have a great Thanksgiving! I'll be in IL, but not very long...