Friday, January 1, 2010

I Will Lift My Eyes Unto the Hills, From Whence Comes My Help--Psalm 121

Where does the balance come between trying hard and trusting God? Sometimes I think "I'm trying really hard," like I need to prove to God that I'm tackling my issues and doing my part. But this leads to frustration because I can't do it. No matter how hard I try, I will still fail. I will still struggle with certain issues, and I don't want to. Identifying the issue and trying to resolve it should be enough. I should be able to conquer. But not always. Sometimes its a constant battle. Sometimes life is a fight. And I can't do it alone, even though I want to. I want to be able to take care of my own problems without bothering God with them. He doesn't need to get involved, I can take care of this. But, I can't. And that's ok, because I think God wants us to call out to Him. We have things in our lives that we can't handle so that it causes us to think of Him and ask for His help. He won't always answer the way we want Him to. He may not answer immediately, but it is the journey, the struggle that bonds us with Him. It's not pleasant, but it is good.

No comments: