Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Going to Get Consumption and Die

Seeing as I am not a character in a Victorian novel (as far as I know), the title is most likely false. It is, however, how I felt earlier today. I am such a wimp when I get sick, and coupled with the absolutely frigid temperatures, I was feeling somewhat miserable. I did not go to work today, as I'm trying to lay low and recuperate so that I can work tomorrow night and Thursday morning, as well as make it through my night class on Thurs. It is only the 3rd week and we already have a 30 minute group presentation due. Not cool. The class is very dry, but apparently there is some hope, as my group members and I were getting a little geeked, which I did not think at all possible.

Not much new or exciting going on right now. I went to the new "20 somethings" Sunday school class at church on Sunday. I think it will be good; hopefully we can have some good times of fellowship and get togethers sometime. It's led by one of the elders, which is a little odd, as I am used to peer leadership, and he is the only one who isn't in his 20s. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. It feels a little odd/awkward, but we'll see. We're also following a study book based on one of David's mighty men, Benaiah. I'm not generally a fan of books like this, but I think it's an interesting premise, and I do like David's mighty men. Though I do think that it must have been a slap in the face to have gone through a ton of peril to get David some water only to have him feel guilty and pour it out because he was the cause of their risk. (1 Chronicles 11 and 2 Samuel ?) I think it would be cool to have three boys and name them after David's three chief mighty men. The mightiest of whom was named...Abishai.

Last Friday was fun. The Lilly had an open house, and I went with a few friends. I had seen the exhibit before, but it was good to go, talk with people, eat good food, and hear the director speak. Then, we went to a "Meet and Greet" with ALA, but it was more of a "talk with people you used to have class with but never see any more." From experience, it's rather awkward to go to those things when you don't know anyone. After that, Angy, I, and another friend went to a coffee shop and hung out for awhile. It was a fun, relaxing evening. Very nerdily library.

1 comment:

busymama431 said...

i was thinking about you when my kids were dancing to bluegrass music! when i get a chance, i may post the little videos of them--you'd get a kick out of it, i'm sure! hope you're having a good week!
meg