Monday, January 18, 2010

Where is Home? My Heart is in More Than One Place.

I had a wonderful weekend. I left after work on Saturday to visit a friend up in Michigan, as well as see my old church and coworkers at the library. I miss everyone so much! It was so good to see the Hughes again. They are some of the most hospitable and kind people I know. It was so good to catch up with Miss Hughes too. I miss being able to hang out with her on a regular basis like we did last year. I really miss HFMC (church) too. Churches that are that alive and hard hitting are hard to find. I miss the sermons and the people. I have found myself thinking about the sermon, which was on worship, fairly often, which is really nice. The sermons at my current church don't really leave that much of an impression on me, but they're ok.

I also fell in love this weekend. His name is Spencer, and he is very cute, sweet, and rather acrobatic. We would like to move in together when my lease is up in August, but I'm not sure if it will work out. Oh, Spencer is a cat. He is adorable and he is currently living with the Hughes. He does not, however, play well with others. He does not get along with any of the other cats, so he has to be segregated. He is pretty good with people though, and he seems to like me and let me pet him. He would make a good "only cat."

I'm tired and need to get some sleep. I'm afraid that I'm coming down with a cold, but I'm hoping it's just slight allergies from being around the cats.

3 comments:

Kara said...

For a second I thought Angy had hacked into your blog and invented a story.

jessica said...

Awww...I hope you can adopt Spencer!

FreedomAdvocate said...

I hope you can adopt him too...I wish I could visit Hillsdale!