Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Music

I used to be very biased against contemporary Christian music, and was very skeptical of taking the "world's" music and putting Christian lyrics to it. In college, however, I started to listen to some contemporary Christian music. Some of it is ok, but it's not generally very hard hitting or convicting, though Casting Crowns has some really good songs. I have been hearing about Christian rap/hip hop recently, and decided to pick up a CD at the library by Lecrae. It's a hip hop/rap album, but it is so good! Whether you like that type of music or not, I have not heard such hard hitting lyrics or such a clear Gospel message from contemporary music before. Because hip hop/rap is a more edgy, hard hitting music style, the lyrics really combine with the music to form some very powerful stuff. I want to see him in concert now.

P.S. The album I borrowed is Rebel. It's his more recent album, I think.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm sorry, Christian hip hop to me just sounds like a really bad idea.