Thursday, May 27, 2010

Busy, Busy

I may be crazy, but I will be working another job this summer, along with my internship and internship job. My old job in circulation at the public library needs extra help this summer, so I agreed to work as a page just for the summer. I'm glad to be working with my circulation co-workers again, and the extra income will be helpful. Also, I'll just be a page, so I'll have less hours and less responsibility, which will be much more compatible with my reference intern position. I had been thinking about trying to find another job this summer, and I'm glad that this opportunity came along. I will be very busy, but busy is not always bad. It will keep me out of trouble. :-)

I am enjoying my reference intern position. I realized that I really like helping people. There is a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in being able to answer someone's question or help them find the resources they are looking for. I like feeling useful.

I also have a fairly full social calendar this weekend. Tonight is a potluck with the 20-somethings from church, and Saturday is Angy's birthday. We're hosting a party, which should be a blast. I do, however, need to help clean the apartment, as well as make sticky bun for tonight. I think I might make cream cheese roll-ups for Saturday. That's a good party finger food.

No comments: