Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Playing in the Mud

There was a bonfire/cookout/potluck/party put on by the archives group on Friday, and I went for a few hours. I wasn't really in a party mood, but the food was good. I should have had a 2nd hot dog. Hebrew National hot dogs are packaged in 7s. :-) One of the guys came with his wife and 3 year old. So cute and so much fun. We've had a good amount of rain here, and there was a mud puddle/small rut in the yard. They let him play in the mud, and it didn't take much wheedling and soon my shoes and socks were off too. I cannot remember the last time I played in the mud. It was so much fun. Feeling the mud squish between your toes. That was the highlight of the party for me. :-)

Also, I went to the 8 AM service on Sunday, as I had to leave early for tech training for my new job. Sunday morning was the only time we could all meet. I really enjoyed singing the hymns, though my voice is not the best that early. During worship, however, there was a medical emergency. A man (elderly, I'm assuming) fell down or passed out, and we're singing Peace Like a River and watching as everyone rushes to his aid. I have decided that if I have a medical emergency in public, I'd like to have it happen in church. That way, you have an entire room of people praying for you.

My new job and internship are going well. The internship is not too exciting yet, but I am doing useful work. I am really enjoying working at the reference desk for my new job, though. I still have a lot to learn, and I know I'll make mistakes and have some bad days, but I really enjoy answering questions and helping people. I shadowed in AV yesterday and took my first phone call. It went well and I was able to help the patron. It is such a satisfying feeling. I have my first official shift tomorrow night. It's at the main desk, which worries me a bit, as you can get any and every question up there, and I really don't know that much. But, I'm working with two really good librarians, so I'm sure it will be fine. Everyone has been really nice and helpful. Though I would appreciate prayers if you think about it.

TTFN

1 comment:

MissF said...

I always wish I could see where you work when I read your posts. I still have an image in my mind of you sitting at the ref desk in Mossey and I don't know if I can get that picture out of my mind :-)