Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stormy Day

We really need the rain.

I went camping on Friday with people from Bible study. I haven't been camping in several years, and it was fun. I felt rather unprepared, in regards to not bringing a cup or eating/cooking utensils, but there were a few "die hard" campers who were prepared. I slept fairly well, and it was a good time just hanging out and talking by the campfire. The campground was really full, but we were off in a tent area, so we were separated a little from the RVs. I also discovered that a pancake with bacon is quite delicious.

On Saturday I went to a "librarian" party with people from the program. I went as a hippie librarian. :-) It was ok, but we didn't stay long.

Yesterday, I went and heard Ron Paul speak. It was good; I agreed with about half of what he said. I really agree with the "we need better economic policy" and "we need to get back to the Constitution." I'm not so much into his foreign policy and legalizing drugs (hard drugs, that is). I was disappointed with the Q and A after the speech. They had a few questions on cards that they read off, and the questions were really lame. There wasn't any opportunity for the audience to ask questions. I didn't know that they had question cards. I wanted to ask him how liberty and individual freedom can work if people do not know how to govern themselves, especially with our current entitlement society and reliance upon government to make decisions for us. I think I was spoiled at the 'dale.

On Friday, I'm going to a friend's farm with people from Sunday school to carve pumpkins and maybe have a bonfire. The bonfire is contingent upon the lifting of the burn ban, so we'll see.

Well, I need to do some work.

TTFN

No comments: