Thursday, November 11, 2010

13.1 Miles

I just signed up for the mini/half marathon in Indy in May! It's the largest mini marathon in nation, and I'm excited for the experience. I can't really believe that I'm doing this, but I'm also excited. I have at least 2 other friends who are running as well, so I'll have people to train with. I know there will be days that I will so regret my decision, but I think it will, overall be good. I'm looking forward to proving to myself that I can run long distances. Now, I need to buy a good pair of running shoes.

I think I am getting sick. I have a sore throat, and I had it yesterday too. Not cool. Hopefully it's not a bad cold. I have a lot to do.

I have taught 4 instruction sessions this week, and it's been a lot of fun. This last session was rather out of my comfort zone, as it dealt with statistics and government documents, which I am not very comfortable with, but I learned more about resources we have and that are available. And, I like learning. I talked with several different librarians, and it was good. Slowly but surely, I'm becoming more familiar with Lexis Nexis. Good times.

I really need to go grocery shopping and clean my room. I'm rather out of food. I have almost finished the entire box of elbow macaroni that I made the other day. I didn't realize that not making the whole box was an option until my roomie mentioned it. Oh well, leftovers are good. :-)

We got a new dishwasher the other day, as our old one had been making horrendous grating/grinding noises. We didn't expect a new dishwasher, but we are not complaining. :-)

No comments: