Saturday, November 27, 2010

God is Good

This is crazy busy nutso time for me, so I probably won't be posting too much. Then again, I may post more. I'm so very good at procrastinating. :-/

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was so good to see my family, and I'm especially glad that I was able to see my brother, as I think seeing him will be more rare due to distance. Break was much too short, as I came home Wednesday night after working until 9 PM and then had to come back Friday night, as I worked 8:30 AM-5 PM today. I have to work tomorrow too. :-( But, it's good to get the hours in. I packed a lot into 2 days, including visiting with family and friends, a bit of shopping, and even some homework. *gasp*

I'm really getting into my project for my evaluations class. I'm doing real research and it's really cool, though somewhat overwhelming.

I went to the opera on the 19th for the first time. My roomie and I went with our neighbor. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting all dressed up and fancy, and it was all of our first times, so we shared the experience together. We saw Die Fledermaus by Strauss. It was a comedy, so lots of shenanigans and no death. It was a nice romp, and I enjoyed the music. Strauss is a fun, lively composer.

There is a blog post on the Boundless website entitled "Thanks for Nothing." The poster asks the question what are we thankful for that didn't happen? I think the topic is a really good one to ponder. I am personally thankful that I didn't get into U of I. Twice. Rejection is not easy, but it meant that I was able to work at the 'dale for a year and live on my own, and I was also able to come here to b-town. God is good, even when I don't understand what He's doing.

No comments: