Friday, May 27, 2011

Meet Wren




I am currently writing this with a kitty on my lap. Trying to teach her not to walk on the computer and chew the cords is a challenge, but she's settled down right now. She is a domestic long hair cat, gray, and orange, about a year old, and very affectionate. She is starting to get the hang of being a lap kitty, but she also has a lot of energy. I now know the need for cat toys, though I can't find her ball, which is sad. I had a stress ball in the shape of a basketball that she had a lot of fun with, but I can't find it now. I'll have to find something else at the pet store. She also decided that 5 AM is a perfectly acceptable time to be up and about. I did not agree, but was unable to fall back asleep until 6:30 or so. Hopefully we do not have a repeat tomorrow. She is a talker, and it's hard to sleep through her meowing. My own personal alarm clock. She is a sweetheart though. Having never had a cat before, I know it will be an adjustment and I need to give us both time to get used to each other. She seems to be adapting rather well, and thankfully was able to find the litter box. :-)

We both took naps this afternoon, and I am still a bit groggy. It's probably a bad habit, but I'm taking advantage of the situation while I can. :-)

I'm going to a Renaissance fair tomorrow with a friend. I've never been to one, and I'm excited, though I'm mostly looking forward to seeing my friend again. It's been a long time.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Ancient Aunt said...

What a pretty kitty you have! Brings back good memories of all our various cats and others I've known. Yes, it takes some adjusting, but it's worth the effort! Enjoy your new friend and give her a special petting from me! - Glad to hear your apartment is working out well. And enjoy the renaissance (sorry, I can't spell that without looking at it) fair. Uncle Bob and I had hoped to get to the one in Shakopee, MN, but that didn't come to pass. Love, Your Ancient Aunt