Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life So Far

My kitty has her days and nights mixed up. I am trying to keep her up right now, as I do not want a repeat of last night. I did not get much sleep, as she is loud and decided that I needed to be up at 5 AM. I do not need to be up at 5 AM, and I do not appreciate meowing and crashing about at that time of morning. I understand, though, as she is home alone all day and doesn't have much to do except sleep. I'm going to try to leash train her, so we can go on walks. That way she can get out of the apartment and have a change of scenery.

Tomorrow is my 1st full week of work. The first three days have been full and rather overwhelming. I have so much to learn. This month is going to be a month of cramming before the current serials librarian leaves. There are so many things to keep track of. All the databases and the journals and the journals included in the databases. Plus vendors and the consortium, etc. It's a lot. I think I'll pick up on it, but it's a steep learning curve, as I knew it would be.

Summer is kind of a down time, and I'm hoping for some opportunities to serve and get involved in the community. I'm feeling a bit isolated right now. I miss being around people my own age and in the same walk of life. I feel like everyone at church is in a different part of life right now, which isn't a bad thing, but it would be nice to be around other young professionals/singles. I really do like the intergenerational feel of church though. It's nice to be around people who are older and younger than I, as I can learn from them and hopefully contribute to the conversation as well.

1 comment:

George and Krista said...

Hey Brenna,
I had a smile on my face imagining you up at 5am with your kitty knowing how much you are not a morning person :) Just wanted to say hi! If you want some company, you should plan a trip here sometime. I know we're not super close, but closer than Oakland. Our home is always open!! Have a wonderful week. Love, Krista