Monday, June 20, 2011

I Grow Old, I Grow Old, I Shall Wear the Bottoms of My Trousers Rolled

I don't know if I'll ever get used to a "real person" schedule. I am so tired in the evenings that I take naps around 7 or later, which is a bad idea. Because then I stay up later and perpetuate the cycle. Also, kitty making noise in the mornings doesn't help either, though my sleep schedule is by no means her fault.

Wren's conjunctivitis has cleared up, which is good. Things are settling down and speeding up. Not a whole lot to report. I'm starting to have things to do, which is nice. :-)

I spent a wonderful birthday with a very close friend in the area. We went shopping, ate good food, and had good conversation, and that's all I wanted. The best part was just spending time with her. And, I will say that it is so much more fun to go shopping with someone else. When I shop by myself, I often shop like a guy: go, find what I need, leave. Having someone else to give input and laugh at the hideous styles you find in the store is so much more fun. We found some pretty awesome/ridiculous shoes. I wore a pair of 5 inch army surplus heels. The tops of the shoes were army surplus canvas and they laced up, like peek-toe boots or something. Army surplus meets fashion. They were the most impractical awesome shoes. I probably would have bought them if they weren't so tall and the fabric didn't rub wrong. :-)

It's crazy how much of our lives is online. This never really bothered me that much before, and I don't know why I am just now thinking of this, but there is so much online. I'm not going to get all conspiracy theory-y, but if someone wanted to know about someone, and they find the right info sources, they can find out a lot.

I also wonder if part of the online thing is we all have an inherent desire to feel/be important. To be noticed or noted, and the online forum is perfect for that. Have a blog. Post status updates for all your friends on facebook/Twitter (which, btw, I have no plans of caving and tweeting). But, it's also a good way to keep up with people, especially people you are friends with, but not necessarily close with. Though we may like to think otherwise, we are only able to have a finite number of close friends, and there is a definite hierarchy and levels of contact between ones friends and acquaintances. This is nothing that hasn't been said before, but just some stuff I've been thinking about.

TTFN

No comments: