Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happenings and Non-Events

Kitty has conjunctivitis, so I have the enviable task of trying to put gel in her eye 2 times a day. She is actually being very good about it. Surprisingly, she sticks around to let me try again after each failed attempt, and she doesn't scratch me, though I'm not sure if that is because the vet clipped her nails or because she's keeping them in.

I went to see The King and I at the community theater. It was a good production. Some parts were cast better than others. The guy playing the king was wonderful. At times he reminded me of Yul Brenner, who played the part in the movie. Anna, the main character, was ok. She was best during the songs. It was a rather elaborate production, and they did a good job with it. It was a good way to spend the afternoon.

I've been watching a lot of movies recently, as I got my TV hooked up, but don't have cable. The library has a good selection, and I (finally) watched The Princess and the Frog. Friday night was 80s movie night with Ghostbusters and Crocodile Dundee. I did not remember the Stay Puff marshmallow man part of Ghostbusters. It is hilarious! I also watched a French Canadian movie called Seducing Dr. Lewis. The movie isn't what it sounds like. It's about a small town trying to get a factory built in their area so there will be jobs and they can get off welfare. But, to do that, they have to have a Dr. in town. It's a very good movie, and I really like the characters. Everyone looks "normal." No one is movie star good looking, and the characters are funny and real and they mean well and try hard. Yvon was my favorite, as he is this funny old codger.

My battery is almost out of juice.

Good night.

2 comments:

Ancient Aunt said...

Sorry to hear Wren has a problem. I'm sure you would know it if she were trying to scratch you, even with her claws clipped! She probably senses that you are trying to help her. Hope the conjunctivitis clears up quickly. She is a pretty little cat. Hope she gets used to her leash when you get one that fits her. Dusty never minded hers, but cats tend to walk where they want to go. When she got tired, she would flop down and, since she was a little thing, I would just pick her up like a small dog and tuck her under my arm and continue on. She was usually ready to get down and paddle along with me before very long! - Glad the new job is starting well! Take care. Love, Your Ancient Aunt

Neal Harmeyer said...

Sam and Dean came home from the shelter with conjunctivitis. With medication, it cleared up in a few weeks. Applying the gel was certainly a challenge!

I hope everything else is going well!