Sunday, May 4, 2008

And it hits me.

Today was the last Sunday together with my friends at church. I will still be there, but they will not. And then it sunk in. I am staying, and they are not. I will be here next year, and I am also staying until the end of May to sub and work. It will be really weird being around with all the students gone. It will be really weird being here with my friends off on their own. It will be weird to have a life without school. I've been in school ever since I was 6. Wow. Then, after a year, I will probably go back to school. I'm so happy for this opportunity, but it will still be a transition. I will have to get used to a whole new schedule, housing arrangement, life. At least I will still have my church family. But I won't have the people who I'm closest with to share it. I'm looking forward to new opportunities. I only hope that I can use my time and my resources well and to truly be a good steward.

Sunday school was really convicting today. We talked about faith being shown by our works and how we usually only use the "good steward" line when it pertains to helping others and not when it pertains to our own spending. We say we need to be good stewards when it comes to giving money to a poor person on the street, but we don't say it when we want to spend our money on movies, junk food, etc. It's true too. It's so easy to waste time. So easy to just do whatever I want. The sermon was also really good too. It was aobut how our focus should be on heaven and a better place. This world is not our home, and if we do not want God's best and if we do not desire to live fully for Him and to ultimately be with Him, then we really have issues and do we really have the spirit of Christ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried in church on Saturday evening! So many changes going on it's hard to believe. And I feel like it won't really hit me until this fall when I'm starting classes at a new place.