Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update

Sorry, no new pictures, though Mom is sending some that she took on a CD. She took more than I did. Things are rather dull and routine around here. There isn't really anyone around, and I have been subbing more. I just finished a 3 day sub job in jr. high LD. Tomorrow I am a floating sub, which means that I will go where they need me instead of staying in one room.

I biked up to the store today. There is a basket on my bike, so I decided to pick up some things. I really dislike this whole "go green" thing, but I like the idea of saving on gas and money. I'm going to try to be thrifty this next year. We'll see how it goes. I don't know if I really saved that much, as the prices are higher at the closer store, but I do think that I save some. At least I like to think that I did. The weather is so nice around here, sunny but cool, and I enjoy riding the bike.

Have you ever wondered why the idea of an unmarked grave is so upsetting to us as human beings? I think it is because even if it is just a name on a stone, we want some reminder that we existed and meant something in the world, and being buried without anything left to posterity letting them know that we existed is very hard to handle. It's rather egotistical, especially when people erect huge stone monuments. I existed, I was important, I was rich. Look and see. But in the end, we all end up the same: mouldering corpses. It doesn't matter if you have a gravestone or not. What matters is where your soul ends up eternally.

1 comment:

Emily J said...

Very good point, and it's true: whence goes the soul is more important. Thing is, just because your grave is unmarked doesn't mean you didn't leave an imprint on the world. Look at Mozart.