Friday, February 13, 2009

My Dear Wormwood

I got accepted to U of M today. Yay, now I have options. It's a really good school, but it's currently my last choice. I still haven't heard from U of I, but they are notoriously slow. I probably won't hear until March. Most of the librarians I work with went to U of M, and they are glad that I got accepted. :-)

I went to a production of the Screwtape Letters last night. It was very good. I had read the book several years ago, and it was good to have a refresher. The actors performed it in a reader's theater format, and they recited the book exactly, though they didn't do all of the letters, as there was definitely not enough time for that. It was divided into 5 different "Screwtapes," 3 girls and 2 guys. They all did a good job, but one guy totally mastered the evil eyebrows. It was amazing. He and one of the girls were my favorites.

I need an accountability partner. I need someone to keep me accountable for my dishes. It is so sad, but it's going to take a lot of work to get into the "do the dishes every night" mindset. Sigh.

I am also watching Daniel Deronda. I hope to finish it tonight. And seriously, I think the hair people had it out for Jamie Bamber. The look does NOT work for him. They also messed with David Bamber (who is not related to Jamie), but it fits with his character better. He's good at playing sleazy, gross characters. (He was Mr. Collins in the long Pride and Prejudice.)

Well, I am going to do my lunch dishes.

TTFN, Ta ta for now.

4 comments:

Emily J said...

Oh, lord. Jamie Bamber. I had to double-check to make sure that I wasn't reading Kara's blog by accident. Nope, this is Brenna, all right.

I'd roll my eyes, but I probably shouldn't be such a hypocrite!

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Brenna! Laura and I are on campus and I think we saw you on the way to work this morning. We went to classes and talked to professors all day - it was fun. It would be fun to see you, too. Maybe we'll run into you.

Congratulations on being accepted!

Invisible Man said...

Congrats! Even thought is your last pick, I bet it feels good getting accepted. :)

Also, there are a fair number of us daleians in the Ann Arborish area. Just saying... :o

The Sisson Clan said...

Hey Brenna,

We just went to see Screwtape last night at the Mercury Theater in Chicago. It was amazing. It originally stared Max McLean but last night Screwtape was played by an understudy. He wasn't quite as good as Max but did well. Their staging and special effects were very different and really contributed to the story. It was thought provoking to see it come to life.

Just thought we'd say hello.