Saturday, February 7, 2009

Whosits and Whatsits Gallore

My friend and I saw New in Town last night. We went to the late show, and there were only about 6 of us in the theater, which was nice, as I am not the quietest movie watcher. :-) It is a cute movie, and I really like how it treats both the corporate and factory aspects of industry. It does a pretty even job of showing both. And, the hero is a widower, which was a different approach, and I appreciated it. Some of the supporting characters are caricatured, but you end up loving them. Especially Blanche. :-) Overall, I recommend it. I believe shopping and ethnic food is on the menu tonight. :-)

I received my official letter from IU yesterday. It matched me with an academic advisor already. I'm still waiting to see if the other schools accept me and if they provide financial aid. As of now, U of M is my last choice because I don't think they have a good special collections/rare books program. They lump it in with their preservation, and it's not a big program. IU and U of I have better programs, so they are my top two right now. But, I really don't know what I want to do, so who knows. Well, God does. I just trust that He will show me what His will is and that I'll end up at the right school.

I'm finding that this is a growing and moving on process. I have been very comfortable for about 5 years now, and I am going to have to move on to something very different. I am looking forward to the challenge though, and I am excited about new opportunities to meet people and volunteer and make an impact in my new community and hopefully eternity.

I absolutely love Celtic music. It is definitely my favorite genre, though I prefer the upbeat pieces over the "soothing." Soothing music often does not sooth me. Instead, it can often put me on edge.

Oh, my tie came yesterday too!

No comments: