Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Silly Child, Why Do You Doubt?

I have a job! I was offered the position at the public library and I accepted it. It is mainly a "page" position, which involves mainly shelving and revising, but it will also include a bit of supervising and training new pages. I'm really excited, but I am also nervous about balancing the amount of work with schoolwork and a life. It will be a lot of hours, but I am willing and eager to do my best. This will be my first public library experience, and I'm looking forward to it.

I went to Auto Zone the other day and bought new windshield wipers. They were very helpful, and even offered to put the new ones on for me, which I accepted. The guy who helped me struggled with them, so I know I would not have been able to remove the old ones and put on the new ones. I was very impressed. I didn't expect them to offer to help me, as they were really busy, but they did. :-)

I have a ton of packing to do. :-( Only a few more days left. My co-workers threw me a farewell potluck. It was delicious. Then one of the librarians did a presentation of her travels this summer. Very interesting.

Moving on soon to the new. Wow.

2 comments:

Ancient Aunt said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds very interesting! May it go very, very well!

Invisible Man said...

Awesome! Congrats!