Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leggings Are Not Pants!

Said by many people and adhered to by too few.

Let's see, a lot has happened since I had a full blown post. Last Saturday, there was a "barn bash" with the Sunday school and other related groups at church. It was hosted by an older couple who converted an old barn into an amazing and beautiful home, and they have a beautiful spread of land. We went on a hayride, and stargazed. Some people had really good telescopes, and I was able to see Jupiter and its four moons. We also saw satellites and shooting stars. It was nice to meet more people from church, and I had a wonderful time.

That weekend was crazy, however, as I had a big project and other homework due, and I had less than 3 hours of sleep Sunday night/Monday morning. It all got done, however. Monday was a very full day. I had class and then staff day at work all day. It was a lot of fun. I won a mum. And our bookcart came in 5th. (out of 6 :-) But we got a coupon for free cookies out of the deal. Totally worth it. :-) After staff day, I went to night class, bearing my mum. Then, we went to a friend's apartment to play games. We played Clue and Phase 10. Interesting note: this friend has the same name as me. We are both trying to get used to hearing our name not necessarily addressed to us. :-) I think game night is going to be a weekly thing, which is a happy thing.

Yesterday, a guy I met at the "barn bash" invited myself and others from church to go out to one of his favorite local restaurants and listen to the Irish music. They have people who play Irish music every Friday. They just sit at one of the tables and play. It's very relaxed, no stage, just playing. It was wonderful!

I am tired, and I am going to bed.

Night.

4 comments:

Ancient Aunt said...

Sounds like you're having lots of good experiences, work and all. Glad the barn bash was so nice. Hang in there, and catch a nap whenever you can!

Kara said...

I am so happy you are making friends.

word verification: sadzing a zinger that is so lame is makes you sad

Anonymous said...

the same first name as you? wow that's pretty neat!

that barn sounds amazing. I bet it's starting to get cold out there? Did you see Saturn? I heard they discovered another ring...

jessica said...

The same name? That's pretty cool. I guess I've been used to ignoring "Jessica's" all my life. It would be hard if I wasn't used to it.

Talk to you later this week ;)