Saturday, October 31, 2009

Me and the Moon Stayed Up All Night...Gaelic Storm

It is late, but I think the Coke I drank at the art exhibit kicked in. I forgot about the caffeine.

How do you balance being in the world but not of the world? How does one cultivate friendships with non-believers without down playing or sacrificing your own beliefs, but also not making it awkward or treating people as projects? College was wonderful, but I was generally surrounded by Christians and/or religious people. Now I am in an environment where God is barely on many people's radar. And that's hard for me to grasp. How do I react when surrounded by that? I don't want to sacrifice my beliefs, but it's hard to really stick out and be "the weird one." I think it's all about timing and finding your boundaries.

Angy and I watched a Bollywood movie based on Sense and Sensibility. It was ok, but Bride and Prejudice is a lot better. The main actress in Bride and Prejudice was the lead in this one too. The songs were more random. And I'm not sure they translated well, as the movie was not in English, and we had to use subtitles.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

These are all things we can talk about :) Let's have another girl's night soon. Take care, friend!