Monday, October 5, 2009

And the People, Ah the People, They That Dwell Up in the Steeple, All Alone

I am, in fact, alive. Sorry for the wait, as I know you are all anxious to know how the doves tasted. :-) They were good. They taste like birds, but not like chicken. Dove meat is very dark, which was somewhat surprising. Almost purplish. We made a casserole and put the meat on top of it. I don't think Angy was a big fan, but she went along with it, and I think the guys enjoyed the meal and fellowship as well.

I volunteered this past week at the Red Cross Book Fair. It was huge, and very good, though I didn't get to look much for myself, as I was volunteering. I did pick up two books though. One is a cute little volume of Edgar Allan Poe's stories published at the turn of the 20th century, and another is a popular history book on pirates. Dad was able to find an old book on pirates published in 1860, as well as a book of sermons from an anti-Episcopalian Scottish minister. :-) My parents came down for the book fair and to see me on Saturday, and it was so good to see them. I had a very good afternoon and evening with them.

I had an easy week last week, the calm before the storm. Now that things are getting really busy, I have a cold. I am too busy for this. I only worked half a shift today, and I did not go to my evening class. I also skipped a seminar on searching in old newspapers online, which I was looking forward to. Aye well. I hope this doesn't last long, as it is hard to focus on work, and I have a lot to do this week. I don't have class tomorrow though, and I hope I can last the whole shift at work, as I really don't have much sick time yet.

I think I've found a church. I am not enamored, but it is a good church, I have not heard anything objectionable, theology wise, from the pulpit, and I have friends that I attend with, which is a big plus. Church is about fellowship with the body of Christ, and it is very difficult to go to a church when you don't know anyone. This church is very active, and they have a "care fest" coming up in a few weeks, which is a day of service, where you can sign up for different places and help out in the community. They had a promotional video for it that they showed at the end of the service this past week. It was a spoof of Braveheart. I about died laughing, mainly because I had to suppress it. No one else was busting out with laughter, but I so wanted to. So I had to content myself with shaking and suppressed squeaking. Instead of swords, they had rakes. It was incredibly cheesy. :-)

There is also going to be a bonfire/hayride/get together with the small groups/Sunday schools on Saturday, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm so glad it's fall, and the weather has been wonderful. I just wish I didn't have a cold to go along with it. But it seems like I often catch cold when the weather changes.

I have had a few conservative moments in my collection development class, and it makes me happy. I can ride those for a long time. :-)

Not much else that I can think of.

TTFN ta ta for now

P.S. My titles are generally quotes, but I don't attribute them. Sorry.

4 comments:

MissF said...

I can just imagine you sitting in church suppressing squeals. It makes me smile.

How appropriate that the funny word I have to type in to post my comment is "tracters" yes spelled with an "e".

Anonymous said...

that Braveheart spoof sounds hilarious :)

feel better soon!

Invisible Man said...

Hay rides!!

I'm so jealous. I haven't gone on one of those in years. They're so much fun.

The Sisson Clan said...

You are a librarian, of course you should be referencing your quotes! "smile"

Please - - some pictures. Right now in our minds you are living in a black hole. We'd like to move you out of it!!!