Monday, February 8, 2010

Jumbalaya on the Bayou

I had a very good day yesterday, despite having to work. I forced myself to go to the 8 AM service, and then hung out before Sunday school. I had to leave when it started, but I had a 1/2 hour to kill and wanted to talk with people before I left. Ironically, seeing as it was the biggest day for football of the year, I was able to steer the conversation toward the Cubs and baseball, which I am much more knowledgeable about. :-) I'm afraid that most sport conversations devolve that way with me.

I went to a Super Bowl party yesterday evening with people from small group, and it was so much fun. None of us really cared about the game, as our teams weren't playing, so we all rooted for the Saints. I was also pretty impressed with some of the commercials. I love the Betty White commercial! Did you notice Fish (Abe Vigoda) at the end? Amazing! Anyway, it was just a fun, chill time with everyone. And I do mean chill; they keep their house very cold, but I was dressed warm and we borrowed blankets. :-)

I am meeting with one of my professors in 25 minutes to discuss a topic for my research paper. It's for rare books, and I think I want to write about issues that small institutions/colleges have in dealing with their rare books and "cool old stuff." I also have salsa dancing tonight, and tomorrow, one of the student groups is volunteering with Pages for Prisoners, so I think I may do that as well. I've been wanting to do that for awhile, and I have the time tomorrow. So, why not?

No comments: