Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Faith

Preaching was really good at Bible study tonight. I was reminded about what Christianity is. If I really believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died on a cross for the sins of myself and everyone else in the world and that only an active faith in Him will grant eternal life, then I should act like it. If I really believe that if people do not have a saving knowledge of Christ they will go to Hell, then I should not be complacent. I should want people to be saved. It is easy to be complacent, not bother people or make them uncomfortable, let them do what they want. I believe what I want to and you believe what you want to, that's OK. No, it's not. I should pray not only for people but for opportunities to share my faith. There are good and bad ways to share one's faith. It's a lot about timing and often about just answering questions when they arise. Talking about faith and religion can be daunting and uncomfortable at times, but it is good to know what you believe and be willing to share and articulate these beliefs when asked about them.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Kay is a guy. He works at the Ritz Carlton as a door man (he actually does more than that though). That is how he got the tip.