Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lazy Bum

Being a lazy bum has its advantages and disadvantages. It is good to relax and I now have time to do things that I couldn't do before. I can be more spontaneous. If someone calls me up and asks if I can go out or help them with a project, I can usually go. On the flip side, I don't necessarily get much accomplished. There are always the plans and projects, but they invariably don't get done because I have time. And then I don't. Soon it will be time to go back to Hillsdale. I tend to be more productive when I am by myself, but not always. I like making my own decisions, doing things because I decided to and want to, not because I have to or am told to. Things get done, they always do. Eventually.

I am now 23. I like that age. It seems like a good age, though I don't know yet. We went out and ate Thai food and then went to see Kung Fu Panda. The movie was ok, but not really my thing. Some funny parts and pretty good for Dreamworks. I'm really looking forward to Wall-E, but I may have some difficulty finding someone to go with me. I also received the A and E Pride and Prejudice for my birthday. So excited about that. I'm so glad that I have my own copy.

My best thoughts and ideas seem to come at night. I guess that's why I often post late at night. I just feel kind of dried up right now, though it will probably pass. I wish that I had public library type access this summer. I like watching episodes of British television shows. I caught an episode of Allo, Allo, and it is really funny. It's about a French cafe that is a hub of French resistance in WWII. I would like to see more episodes. I'd also like to get ahold of Robin of Sherwood. It's from the 80s, and I think it's a grittier, more mythological and magical take on Robin Hood. I am interested in different perspectives on Robin Hood. So far, the best portrayal of him and his band is in the book Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott. Anyway, we get BBC catalog's and I look through them to see if there are any shows that look good, then I try to find them on Melcat. But, I don't have access over the summer. Aye well.

TTFN

No comments: