Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Home

It's almost 2 AM and I am not sleepy. I was wondering why, as I looked at the screen and realized that I had a Coke. I rarely drink pop, especially the dark caffeinated stuff, and that's probably it, though it was several hours ago. I tend to post at night. Usually late at night.

Not a whole lot to say. Home is home. I feel very indolent. I don't want to really do anything, but mainly I feel like there is nothing to do. So I bum around. The main thing is that we have a lot of rain and storms. The river is really high and the water is leaping out of the spillway. Some farmers still haven't finished planting, which is not good. And, they may need to replant because of the water. Water water everywhere.

The music rehearsal went ok. The bride and mother of the bride like it, so that's all that matters. This is the first wedding in which I'll be by myself instead of in a quartet. There is a pianist, but I have a solo piece without piano as well. The main thing is getting the rhythms for Pachebel's canon together, which is coming.

I want to be motivated. Home is just so different. I will be helping with vacation Bible school at one of the local churches. I'll be helping the youth minister with the junior high students. It was good to finally meet her.

You know, it really is true about Hillsdale. It's the people. I miss you all.

No comments: