Saturday, September 27, 2008

Here and There and What Fun

I am finally coming to a better understanding of life. I think. There will always be bad. There will always be something to counteract the good, to dampen the joy. But, one should focus on blessings and what the Lord has done, to keep things in perspective. Things are not perfect, but whenever I have a bad attitude or complain, my blessings and the Lord's goodness stare me in the face and I realize that I am being ungrateful.

I love my job. I got back from a forum on free markets put on by the college, and I had a very good time. I stayed with my exhibit and talked to people about it. I met some interesting people and had some good conversations. And, I got to stay in a nice hotel and eat good food. I also got some good sleep on a very comfortable bed. Feather pillows and down comforter. Aaah. It was also so nice to be around other people. As a student, I was used to being around a lot of people (relatively) and now I'm in a much smaller circle. I like to meet new people and have good conversations. I met a Canadian guy who says "about" like me. :-) Also, I had a good amount of down time, and one of the other workers asked me how I kept from going crazy just sitting around. I was reading a book and enjoying the solitude. I had times where I was surrounded by people and times where I could just be. And I like that. A good mix. Also, the wait staff was very kind to bring me my meals. I will have to post a pic of the first dessert. Amazing! They had chimes that they used to call people to dinner and it was the same intervals of the hymn that goes, "Almighty God, Father all glorious, oer all victorious, come and reign over us, ancient of days." The chimes went to the "Almighty God" part, and I would then sing the rest. :-) It is nice that I have a job that has a little bit of traveling to keep things interesting. :-)

Well, I'm going to eat a bit. TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we all need reminders about God's goodness and the blessings He brings to our lives. thanks :)