Friday, March 13, 2009

Herbert the Dragon

I enjoy grocery shopping. It's fun to pick out food and other items, and it's about the only shopping I do anymore. :-)

At work on Wednesday we built a castle out of food in our work area. We went shopping for the items and then spent a couple hours assembling it. It's part of the county "Big Read" featuring the book The Glass Castle. I haven't read it, but I think it's about a girl growing up in poverty. On Saturday, we are going to compete with other teams to build a castle out of canned goods and non-perishable items, and the items we use will then be donated to local food banks, shelters, etc. I think it's a very good idea, and it's fun too. I made a dragon out of washcloths and rubber bands. His name is Herbert. He requires some imagination, but he is cute. We also have a king and queen with shampoo and conditioner bodies, dishcloth robes, and round soap heads. They are fantastic. My co-worker did a wonderful job.

I have to get up early tomorrow for the Bible quiz. I really like coaching Bible quiz, but early mornings on Saturdays are not cool. The meet is closer than some, so that's good, but it's still early. Also, I cannot just make myself fall asleep earlier, so I'm going to be tired in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun with the food drive!

Kara said...

I HATE grocery shopping. I put it off as long as humanly possible.