Monday, March 2, 2009

The History of the Hose

My brother is training to be a volunteer fire fighter, and he went to a training session where he sat through 40 minutes learning about the history of the hose. I think it's hilarious. :-)

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend. And now I am getting a cold, but that is ok, because it did not start until after the reception. I figured it was coming because many people around me have been sick, andI had a busy and fairly stressful past week. But, the wedding and the weekend was amazing. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful in so many ways, especially in its Christ-centeredness. The music went well too, even with the very old piano. Kara sang beautifully, and I only made one mistake, and that was at the end of the recessional. The reception was a blast; we danced the night away.

I also had a taste of city driving, and I'm not a fan of it in general. No big problems though. I have oversensitive, rather poor hoodlum radar, and it kicked in again as we headed to the rehearsal. (Btw, the rehearsal went the smoothest that I have ever seen.) I got lost, as my GPS did not put me in the correct place, and as I'm driving around, trying to find the entrance, the neighborhood looked a bit sketchy and a car with 2 guys was following me. I got a little paranoid, but it turns out the "hoodlums" were part of the wedding too, and we eventually all got to the right spot.

Cherish the memories!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! and that's awesome about your brother...I think that would be a fascinating lecture ;)

Invisible Man said...

I agree. That lecture would be interesting.

Ok, I have to admit, I was a bit afraid in that neighborhood too. PLUS, I had a freaking Michigan license plate. Talk about suicidal...

Too funny about the guys in the car behind you. I have to admit, that place was HARD to find.

Emily J said...

Don't ever drive to DC, then. That's a taste of REAL "city driving."