Friday, March 20, 2009

Not Yet and NO

Sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between God saying "Not yet" and "No." Last year, when my application to U of I was rejected, I thought God was saying "Not yet." (I still believe that that rejection was one of the best things to happen to me.) Yesterday, I found out that He was actually saying "No." No to U of I anyway. I thought that I was going to be angry and bitter about it. When the letter was taking a long time, I thought that I might be rejected again, and I imagined writing biting posts about it. I even considered calling them up on Monday to see if I could get an answer as to why I'm not good enough for them, but I don't think I'm going to. God has closed that door, and that is ok, because I still have two that are open, though they are not fully open. Out of state tuition being what it is, I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid. My desire to go to IU is now firmly cemented, though I'm going to visiting days/open house at UM tomorrow. This is a very busy week.

I got back from Purdue today where I attended a conference of people from the Midwest who use the same software as I do at work. Most of the people there were librarians or associated with libraries in some way. I was not the only young person, and even though I don't know much about the software, I learned a lot and was able to keep up. Many of the topics were about new ways to integrate and use the technology. One college uses Flickr and another is on Second Life. (Ha!) I went with a group of people for dinner at an Irish Pub. It was really cool, and I loved the music mix (several Gaelic Storm songs). I had to be careful, because one of the ladies teased me about dancing. I can't help it, I move to music. :-) I am, however, very tired. I wanted to sleep when I got home at 5, but I know I can't, so I'm forcing myself to stay up. I should do some things, but I don't feel like it at all.

TTFN

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know if I should say I'm sorry that you didn't get into UIUC, or commend you for your spirit! I didn't get into IU's TESOL program. Sometimes God is confusing...I really thought I was being led toward connecting non-native English speakers to the library. And maybe I still am, but just will be going about it a different way? Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you've got such a great attitude, but I am sorry you didn't get into U of I. Good luck with your decision-making progress; you'll be in my prayers! :)